• – SGS is the academic home for students enrolled in the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. program, monitoring student progress and providing a variety of support services for the students enrolled in the program.
• Facilitate governance of graduate programs
• Certification of all doctoral dissertations and master’s theses prior to oral defense
• Assessment of all masters and doctoral graduates
• Approves and monitors graduate programs and coursework
• Coordinates appointments to the
• Works with academic units on issues related to graduate policies
• Provides student travel funds
Apply OnLine to Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Studies at UMKC
Apply using the OnLine process:
Apply OnLine at Apply Now!
• answers to many of your questions,
• helps you with the OnLine application, and
• provides detailed help, if you need it.
After you have completed “Apply Now!” the GRaduate Application Supplementary Process will allow you to complete your application.
Graduate Study Information
General information about graduate study can now be found on the new GRaduate Information Pages