Looking for a Graduate Assistant position? 

Your academic department may have a position open, so check with them first. Non-academic departments such as Athletics and Admissions may also have positions open – check with Human Resources for those types of positions (235-1621).

Financial support for graduate students at the University of Missouri-Kansas City is primarily provided through the academic unit in which the student is enrolled. This support may be in the form of a Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA), a Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA), or a fellowship. The stipend amounts, and possibility of tuition remission,  and number of awards vary from unit to unit. Students interested in being considered for such support should contact the Principal Graduate Adviser or Graduate Officer in the respective academic unit for information on application procedures and deadlines.

GTA Orientation

GTA orientation typically takes place each fall and spring semester. Please contact the School of Graduate Studies for registration information at 816-235-1611 or by email to UMKCSGS@umkc.edu.

GTA Resources

GTA handbook (PDF)

Certification requirements for international students to become eligible for teaching positions