The Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Executive Committee is the policy making body for Interdisciplinary Ph.D. studies at the campus level. The Committee is a representative body composed of the Coordinators of the disciplines participating in the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. program.
Committee Meeting Times
Meetings are held approximately once per semester, and as necessary otherwise. These dates and times, once determined, will be posted.
- Official meeting – Thursday, October 3, 2019
- Working meeting – Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Official and Working meeting – Thursday, February 13, 2020
2020-21 Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Executive Committee
|Discipline||Coordinator||Phone Number||Term Expires|
|Biomedical and Health Informatics||Dr. Jenifer Allsworth||816-235-1781||AllsworthJ@umkc.edu||June 2022|
|Cell Biology and Biophysics||Dr. Karen Bame||816-235-2243||BameK@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Chemistry||Dr. Zhonghua Peng||816-235-2288||PengZ@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Computer Networking and Communication Systems||Dr. Sejun Song||816-235-5661||SongSej@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Computer Science||Dr. Yugyung Lee||816-235-5932||LeeYu@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Curriculum and Instruction||Dr. Candace Schlein||816-235-5754||SchleinC@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Economics||Dr. Scott Fullwiler||816-235-5700||ScottF@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Educational Leadership, Policy and Foundations||Dr. Shirley Marie McCarther||816-235-2451||McCartherS@umkc.edu||June 2022|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering||Dr. Ahmed Hassan||816-235-6219||HassanAM@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Engineering||Dr. Ceki Halmen||816-235-1286||HalmenC@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|English||Dr. John Barton||816-235-2764||BartonJC@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Geosciences||Dr. Fengpeng Sun||816-235-2973||SunF@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|History||Dr. Matthew Osborn||816-235-5704||OsbornMW@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Humanities Consortium||Dr. Larson Powell||816-235-1316||PowellLar@umkc.edu||June 2022|
|Mathematics||Dr. Noah Rhee||816-235-2854||RheeN@umkc.edu||June 2022|
|Molecular Biology and Biochemistry||Dr. Karen Bame||816-235-2243||BameK@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Music Education||Dr. Joseph Parisi||816-235-2919||ParisiJo@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Oral and Craniofacial Sciences||Dr. Mary Walker||816-235-2825||WalkerMP@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Pharmaceutical Sciences||Dr. Kun Cheng||816-235-2425||ChengKun@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Pharmacology||Dr. Hari Bhat||816-235-5903||BhatH@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Physics||Drs. Paul Rulis and Mark Brodwin||816-235-5945 and 816-235-2508||RulisP@umkc.edu and BrodwinM@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Public Affairs and Administration||Dr. Arif Ahmed||816-235-2319||AhmedAr@umkc.edu||June 2025|
|Social Science Consortium||Dr. Marc Garcelon||816-235-1116||GarcelonM@umkc.edu||(Starts August 2022) through June 2025|
• Monitors and reviews goals of the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. program and recommends major changes in goals, policies and procedures to the Doctoral Faculty for final approval.
• Monitors the quality of the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. program and its implementation by means of periodic reviews based on reports from existing bodies, councils, committees, and external reviewers.
• Recommends to the Graduate Council and Research Board, policies and criteria concerning internal funding of research, research-related travel, and all other matters.
• Reviews other policy matters as required.